Attending one of our clinics
During clinical visits, you will meet many experts from different backgrounds as part of your assessments, diagnosis and therapy recommendations. The patient pathway below has been created to help you understand what you might expect.
As you first engage with our medical professionals your needs will be assessed and your journey will be similar to the one below. If you have any questions or concerns about the process, just ask a member of the team and we will do our very best to provide you with an answer.
- Specialist nurse
- Physiotherapist for a complete assessment and advice on exercise
- Care advisor
- Investigations might follow: blood tests, muscle MRI, muscle biopsy, genetic tests
- Results will be discussed within the multidisciplinary group
- You and your GP will be updated on any results
- Return visit to discuss results that are relevant to your disease
- 2 weeks from diagnosis our specialist nurse will get in touch and arrange an appointment with you at home for further discussion. If the patient is a child or young adult the specialist nurse will also visit the school