Speciality Doctor in Clinical Neuromuscular Disease

John Walton Muscular Dystrophy Research Centre

Closing date : 23 August 2020

We are delighted to be able to offer an opportunity for a highly motivated, ambitious individual to join our well integrated team.

The John Walton Muscular Dystrophy Research Centre (JWMDRC) one of the leading centres for care, diagnosis and research into inherited neuromuscular diseases in the world. We seek a team-playing doctor at or nearing the end of their training in Neurology, Paediatric Neurology or Genetics. The post will offer the opportunity to be involved in the design, set and delivery of the JWMDRC portfolio of clinical research including gene therapy and exon skipping trials. The successful candidate will be fully immersed in all aspects of the diagnosis and outpatient management of paediatric and adult patients with inherited neuromuscular diseases. Our service includes the nationally commissioned diagnostic and advisory service for rare neuromuscular diseases and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in this service. The applicant will benefit from well-established team work in a multidisciplinary team and strong collaborations with other clinical trial sites and international research groups. The post provides the perfect opportunity to lead clinical and translational research and to develop a deeper understanding of drug development in rare diseases.

We anticipate that this locum post will be for two years.

You must be a fully registered medical practitioner with the GMC, or be eligible to obtain full GMC registration within 3 months (or within 6 months for non EEA applicants). You will have a minimum of four years’ postgraduate training, at least two years of which is in a relevant specialty.

In addition to the challenges of the role, we can offer you a commitment to teaching, education, research and audit.



Email :

Phone :

Further details :

Work placements

If you are looking for work placement within the institute we recommend contacting the relevant principle investigator in your desired subject field.